Thursday, May 25, 2017

Shrimp Fettucine


Truth be told, I could eat pasta every single day of the week and be happy. 

But, since I'm married and a mom of almost 3 kids, and since 7 nights of carbs is not in the best interest of my family's overall health (wah wah), I have tried to stick to cooking pasta only one night each week. 

If you know me, you know that this is sacrifice at its highest form.

I will say though that only having pasta one night/week makes that one night pretty exciting for this pasta lover. I suppose self control can be a good thing after all.

This recipe is so super easy and man is it good! It's a combination of two of my favorite sauces that just so happen to come from a jar, which makes this meal prep extra quick and easy. I wouldn't call it a "lite" meal per say, but it's your pasta night, so just enjoy it and don't think about the calories.

Ingredients:
2T butter
1 medium sweet onion, chopped
1 can Hunt's diced tomatoes, "sweet onion" flavor (looks like this)
1- 25oz jar of your favorite Vodka sauce (I used Trader Joe's Organic Vodka Sauce- looks like this)
1- 16.9oz jar of your favorite Alfredo sauce (I used Trader Joe's- looks like this)
1lb Fettuccine
Pasta water
40-50 large cooked shrimp- peeled, deveined and tale off (I used frozen)

Directions:
Melt butter in pan. Add onion and saute until clear (about 7 minutes). Add tomatoes and simmer for another 2 minutes. Add Alfredo and Vodka sauce. Bring to a low boil and then reduce heat to low.

Cook fettuccine in heavily salted water to al dente. During the last 3 minutes of cooking, add frozen shrimp to the boiling pasta.

Before draining the pasta, transfer 1/2 cup pasta water to the sauce (use more or less depending on desired thickness). Stir until blended.

Drain pasta and shrimp. Then return to sauce pan and combine.

Garnish with fresh parmesan and serve with your favorite vegetable or salad.

Enjoy!


facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

1 comment:

  1. Yum, this looks so good! I've always been afraid to cook shrimp for some reason, but finally tried it a week ago and was shocked at how easy it was. Will definitely give this recipe a try!

    ReplyDelete